Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of age.
You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.
2 Timothy 2:1-2
The XICF Mentor / Disciple Walk aims to provide a platform for people to grow in their spiritual walk together, making disciples and growing the Kingdom of God.
The Purpose of this “Walk” is to:
- Obey what Jesus has asked of us.
- Help each one of us grow and mature as Christians.
- Be dedicated and disciplined in pursuing the purposes of our Heavenly Father.
- Provide a mentor for personal growth and to help you along your spiritual journey.
- Honour the Lord’s chosen method of spreading the good news of salvation through Jesus Christ.
What to Expect:
- Each disciple / mentor works out their own set of expectations of what they would like to achieve out of the relationship.
- You set your methods of communication, frequency of meetings etc.
- We have study resources to act as a guideline for discussions or to study together.
- Both parties need to be committed (preferably a minimum of one year).
Why do I need a mentor? 2 Tim. 2:2
- Jesus chose his disciples to be with them.
“And he appointed twelve (whom he also named apostles) so that they might be with him and he might send them out to preach…” Mark 3:14
- To grow spiritually and to become more and more like Christ.
- Any one who believes in Jesus Christ can be a disciple, especially if you are a new believer, or renewing your faith or just want to fill in some missing blanks.
- If you are not yet a believer of Christ, you can still apply to join this “Walk”! Use your mentor to help you answer the questions you are seeking!
- Interviewed by XICF Leadership Team.
- Experienced in Christian life with a Biblical foundation.
- Help to see things through the eyes of the disciple.
- Continue to grow and share life experiences with disciple, following Jesus’ steps.
- Willing to take on the commitment & responsibility.
- Can have from 1-4 disciples, depending on personal time allowance.
- Interested disciples to fill in the information form and submit (see attached).
- Mentors will meet for an initial guideline meeting.
- Interested disciples will be invited to join the “Walk”.
- This “Walk” is ongoing, so interested parties can continue to join throughout the year.
Interested to Be a Disciple:
Fill in the Disciple Enrolment Form thereafter at the end of this page by clicking the “+” sign.
Interested to Be a Mentor:
Email Pastor Gabe:
For more details or information, please contact Tess:
- Email Tess
- Wechat: Tess Salazar-M